On this wonderful day, we as the City’s Favorite Developer honors mothers of family, motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in the society. Mother’s Day celebrates motherhood and is a day to make an extra-special effort to recognize and appreciate mothers’ roles in our lives. The past year’s been a challenge and many of us are rethinking how to give extra recognition to moms. Some of us are apart from our moms when we’d normally be together. How do we celebrate it this year? Try any of these 4 ways.
- Cook for Mom or set up a virtual brunch date.
- If your mother is living with you, breakfast in bed is always a classic and appreciated. Something simple is fine for this, such as toast or a croissant with jam or fruit and a cup of coffee or tea. Or, if she’s not fond of eating in bed, how about preparing a sit-down brunch?
2. Give your mom a long phone call or put on a virtual talent show!
Talk to her (or videochat) and make her laugh. Perhaps throw in some good mom Jokes. Put on a talent show, It can be simple. Sing a song, show off some gymnastics, play an instrument.
3. Get creative: Make Mom a video, a music playlist, or a piece of art!
- Record a video from all of the children. They can each say “Happy Mother’s Day” and why they appreciate her. You can always use iMovie to splice videos together on your phone. How about a special work of art for Mom? For example, paint the outside of a terra-cotta flower pot and fill it with garden seeds and a card. Or, make a beautiful photo frame with your family photo inside
4. Make your own card.
- Don’t forget to send a card in advance! In our home, it’s a tradition to make a homemade card every year. Moms love homemade! Wondering what to write in the card? How about sharing a funny story or happy memory of you and your mom? It will make her smile!